SEW MANY RAGGEDIES

Welcome to SEW MANY RAGGEDIES. All my items are handmade by me in my clean, smoke/pet free home. Anything on my blog can be purchased. Please email me (theraggedylady@yahoo.com) if you have any questions. Thank you.

Monday, May 14, 2012

My Wonderful Mother's Day!!!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.  Even though mine did  not go as planned, it was still FANTASTIC!!  We had planned to have our kids over for dinner, but my daughter has been sick for a few days and was not able to come over.  My father also has been sick, so after church my hubby and I went over to his house to check on him.  We took him some eggs, biscuits and gravy for him to eat.  After that we grabbed some lunch at McDonald's.  (I never eat there but we were hungry and it was the best choice at the time).  We headed home and it was such a gorgeous day we decided to get in our 68 RED mustang and take a little country drive.  I had found a quaint little quilt shop about 20 miles from my home.  Even though it was closed on Sunday, we drove by just so I could take a peek in the windows.  Will definately have to visit that place soon!!  When we got home, hubby made us a dinner of prime rib, mashed potatoes, veg. and strawberry pie.  It was fantastic.  After dinner we decided to take a bike ride. When we got home we sat on our deck and had strawberry pie.  About this time Once Upon A Time was ready to come on.  Even though this day did not go according to plan, it was still one of the best days I can remember having in a long time.  I still got to see my family too.  Hope all of you had a memorable one as well.
Blessings,
~Rene~

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Mother's Day, Rene! So glad to read that you had a beautiful day - sounds perfect (despite the family illnesses). I just did a little catch-up reading and saddened to learn that you lost your mother so many years ago. I am blessed that my mother is still with us, although she is in poor health these days. Knowing things can change forever in a matter of days certainly makes one appreciate the time there is all the more. Wishing you a week filled with joys and blessings. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rene, so glad your Mother's Day was great. I also had a great one. Looking forward to Father's Day :)
    Hey, can we see a photo of your '68 red Mustang? That model is one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment. It really means a lot to me!