SEW MANY RAGGEDIES

Welcome to SEW MANY RAGGEDIES. All my items are handmade by me in my clean, smoke/pet free home. Anything on my blog can be purchased. Please email me (theraggedylady@yahoo.com) if you have any questions. Thank you.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Little Bit About My Mom

My Mom practically raised us three kids all by herself.  My dad always worked at least two or three jobs just to keep food on the table.  We really gave her a run for her money too.  I can remember one time when we were so bad (not really bad, just being kids), we made her cry.  We were all three sitting on her bed and apologizing for making her cry.  Such a handful for a young mother.  She was always the most sweet loving mother.  I was pretty much a brat and always demanded my own way.  She made me a dress one time and I wanted to wear it to school but she said no, it was for church.  I pretty much bugged her to death until I got my way.  That's the way it was with my mom and me.  Luckily I outgrew that behaviour. LOL.  I would never allow my daughter to act that way!  She was always trying to lose a few pounds (like all of us).  Fast forward to 2003.  She was really starting to lose weight.  I remember her telling me that Slimfast was really working for her this time.  Months went on and other things started to creep up.  Her back was really bothering her and she developed shingles.  Then in April of 2004 she was in so much pain in her abdomen area.  We took her to the hospital and they diagnosed her with pancreatic cancer.  She died 54 days later.  It was the worst time of my entire life.  My mom had always been healthy and active.  This really took her down.  My mom has been with Jesus now for almost 8 years and I will miss her every day of my life.   I know I will see her again.  Have a wonderful Mother's Day everyone!!
Blessings
~Rene~

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers day to you too! Your mom sounds like a wonderful mom and I bet she is smiling down at you each and everyday .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Happy Mothers Day to you, that was such a beautiful post! I'm sure shes proud of the sweet girl youve become! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with love!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much girls. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment. It really means a lot to me!