SEW MANY RAGGEDIES

Welcome to SEW MANY RAGGEDIES. All my items are handmade by me in my clean, smoke/pet free home. Anything on my blog can be purchased. Please email me (theraggedylady@yahoo.com) if you have any questions. Thank you.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Resurrection Sunday

Easter Sunday.  A day for family get-together's, easter egg hunts, looking for the easter bunny.  For me, Easter brings a reminder of just what the Lord Jesus did for me ~ and for you.  On that day, more than 2000 years ago, Jesus Christ was crucified for a crime he did not commit.  He was tried, convicted and condemned to die.  He was nailed to a cross, and a crown of thorns put on his head.  He let His creation whip the flesh off his back.  Some say "they killed him".  But He is the Son of God and no one killed him.  He laid down His life for you and me.  And why would anyone do this for me? Why am I so special that anyone would give their life for a ransome for me?  Because He loves each one of us so much that that's what it took for us to be saved.  There had to be a sacrifice and Jesus willingly laid down His own life, left His place in glory to be our substitute.  Just to say "thank you" does not seem enough.  When someone opens a door for you at the store, you say "thank you"!  But to say "thank you" to the Son of God, who laid down his life for you just seems trivial.  But that's all we have ~ just to say thank you.  I am so glad and thankful that Jesus did this for me otherwise I would be utterly and hoplessly lost in my sin.  Even though the only words I have are "thank you" I can live my life in a way that is pleasing to Him and will glorify Him.
I hope you all have a Blessed Easter and take some time to reflect on the real meaning.

3 comments:

  1. It is amazing to think what Jesus did for us isn't it? Kinda boggles my mind sometimes. Thanks for the post!
    May you and your family have a blessed Resurrection Sunday!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God that He did that all for us, that He loves us that much! So hard to comprehend, but I'm thankful that He sacrificed His Son for us. Wonderful post Rene! Thank you for sharing Christ on your blog! =]

    Have a blessed Passion week~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post! What a wonderful, wonderful reminder, description of what Christ did for us on that day -- and His sacrifice for us. Blessings Rene! Yes, thank you for boldly sharing Christ on your blog! {{Hugs}}
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment. It really means a lot to me!